Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Discovery That Makes Me So Happy !

I want to be able to include some of my favorite recipes here on the "Meanderings", but I was having a problem copying and pasting from my Recipe Data Base. I really do not want to sit and retype all these recipes I want to share with you.

Well I tried and tested and deleted post after post trying to get something to work. Finally I went to the help section and believe it or not they came up with an answer and I would like to share it with any of you that have blogs and do not know how to do this. I don't mean to be presumptious, but I am so thrilled that I can do this.

What I did was : I pulled up the recipe I wanted to share with you and copied it using Control C. Then the instructions said when I did a new post to Select "Edit HTML" mode at the top of your screen and paste on blogger whatever you want. So I did, and believe it or not there came the recipe. I then clicked on Compose and finished the post.

So here is the most delectable recipe I have made in a long time. Hubby loves it as I do, but then of course we are both lovers of walnuts and raisins. If you don't like them, don't even bother to make this recipe :). Note: The recipe calls for "self rising flour" . This is a must. If you don't have any, it can be bought at your local super market in 2 lbs bags which is a great size.

MM: Maple Walnut Bars
---------- Recipe via Meal-Master (tm) v8.02

Title: Maple Walnut Bars
Categories: Bars, Walnuts, Raisins
Yield: 1 recipe

1 Egg - beaten
1/2 c Sugar
1/3 c Butter or marg. Melted
1/2 c Self rising flour
1 ts Maple flavoring
1 c Walnuts
1/2 c Raisins

Combine egg and sugar, beating well. Add remaining
ingredients; mix well.
Spread evenly in a greased 8" square baking pan.
Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Cool in pan; cut
into bars or squares.

Carolyn's Notes:
I used my electric hand mixer seeing that everything
had to be "mixed well".

I did not have any Maple Flavoring so I used 1 tsp
Maple Syrup and 1 tsp Vanilla. Works for me.

Wow, are these ever delicious. Definitely has the
Stewart Seal of Approval. Entered 4/30/05.

-----

2 comments:

Quiltdeb said...

Kudo's to you mom. I'm so glad you're sharing recipies. How about your baked shrimp recipe, YUMMMM! :)

Nancy Jane said...

These sound so yummy! Can't wait to try making them.
Thanks for posting.