Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Celtic Cable Knitting

Oh the wonder and beauty of celtic cable knitting.  I have loved knitting cables forever, but never dreamed I would try something more complicated like celtic cables.  Found a pattern I thought I could begin with and started out.  Well....being used to C2B and C2F, I was confronted with a new language, like T3F, T3B, T4F and T4B.  Well I never......  But I started out and just did what it said.  I was totally over my head wondering if any of this made sense.  About 2" into the piece, btw I began with a 52 stitch scarf, I began to see the pattern forming and I started actually watching what I was knitting instead of just reading and knitting and wonder of wonders, it started to make sense and I could see ahead of time what I was going to have to do to complete a row. 

It will be a long time finishing as it's slow going, but it is progressing nicely.  Thought I would give you a sneak preview.  It makes me feel so good just looking at a completed row and what I have done already.  This picture is not the best but I will replace it with a better one after a few more inches.

Celtic Cable Scarf

Here's an in process picture.  It's coming along real well.

Celtic2 in progress

No comments: