Monday, September 29, 2014

Results of Cochlear Implant

I know it's later than June 1, but things came to a dead stop when I had some very unexpected medical problems which resulted in surgery for a Pacemaker implant for this gal.  All is well now and the Cochlear implant was rescheduled and activated on August 28th.  And Yes! a miracle happened.  There was sound in that ear where there was none for over 50 years.

Oh, I have a long road ahead of me retraining my brain to understand words and sounds, but now 2 short months after the surgery I am actually having conversations with my neighbors, my family, my doctors, sales people.  I still wear the hearing aid in my right ear but I no longer need the FM hearing equipment nor the Boogie Board that folks wrote me notes on.

Everything is wonderful and I want to apologize for not getting back to you all sooner, but...time passes so quickly these days and I have been so busy having fun.  But I am back now and I promise to write more often.  I have plenty to show you and I'm quilting up a storm.  I joined a craft group here in the complex on Tuesday afternoons and have my two Quilting Bees on Wednesday and Thursday, so things are definitely looking way up.  Now to find an older man who is interested in some companionship and life would be complete.  I rather like living alone, but it wouldn't hurt having someone to go out to dinner with or hang around with.  It's not going to happen and I'm only dreaming, but it's nice to think about.

I would like to show you  my latest accomplishment.  It will probably go up for sale on Etsy but right now I want to enjoy it.  It is by far the most intense pattern I have ever made (and the most expensive) but it was something I have wanted to do for years and years, so when my local quilt shop held a class on making the Feathered Star Wall Hanging I was a goner.  

For your enjoyment, I present my interpretation of Judy Niemeyer's Feathered Star...


Well, all for now and thank you so much for stopping in.  








No comments: