Thursday, November 4, 2010

New Gingerbread Christmas Panel

Just finished this adorable cheater panel.  I simply added the border and diagonally channel quilted it.

Gingerbread Christmas

The back is just a field of gingerbread men and ladies.  So cute.

Gingerbread World Back

When I saw this panel at the quilt show in Pinehurst, NC, I simply had to buy it.  Such a simple project to do and looks great when done.  I doubt I would want to channel quilt anything bigger with my home machine though.  The size is 28" x 45".  Channel quilting is a great speedy technique.  I have used it on borders so many times, but never thought of doing entire project with it until I saw it done by a friend on Ravelry.  I've used it on two pieces already and am very happy with the results.  All of this, of course, is just for your information :) :) :)

No comments: