Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Just Felt Like Chatting

Good morning and a good morning it is too.  Texas is still in the grip of cool and rainy weather with a nice promising of spring thrown in every once in a while.  My old home town's of Lincoln, RI and Statesville, NC are not doing much better.

Lot's going on here in Jamie's quilting studio, testing patterns, working on current ones, finishing others.  This is actually part of my living room.  It is such a convenient spot with plenty of light.


I have started livening up my Facebook page where you can see all my newest creations.  With collaboration with my daughter, Shirley, we have opened up a new section called "Touch of Faith" that features quilted bible verses and other inspirational sayings that make wonderful "everlasting" gifts.  I'd love to have you go on over there and like the page.  Just press the Facebook line in blue above and away you go.........

I start every morning off with a couple of cups of coffee while reading a dozen or so quilting blogs  and Facebook pages to keep up with what's going on in the world of quilting, fabric, new patterns and just plain enjoyment.

I would like to recommend one that is very interesting that is written by Bonnie K. Hunter, one of the most fascinating blog writers that I have come across in a long time.  Her blog is called Quiltsville.    She is the author of "Leaders and Enders" and several other great books.  Celtic Solstice is one of my favorites from her blog.  It was a mystery Quilt-A-Long (QAL).  if you would like press the Quiltsville blue above and press the line under her heading.  She also has some wonderful free patterns.  if you enjoy her blog, go on over there and tell her so.

It would also be great if you would be so kind as to leave a comment below and let me know if you enjoy reading about great blogs and patterns that definitely made my bucket list.

Thanks for stopping by and remember when you want something beautiful and handmade, visit GoodiesByJamie.etsy.com


4 comments:

Carolyn in Texas said...

This is a test to see if the comment section is working.

Carolyn said...

I have changed the format for the comment section. You have more of a choice now.

Carolyn in Texas said...

Once more my friends. We'll get this thing working right by hook or by crook.

Sharts said...

Test to your test