Sunday, October 10, 2010

Lemon Chess Squares

Oh my, I just gained TEN lbs reading through my Recipe Data Base looking for something good to post for you.  This recipe should fill the bill .  It is sooooooo  good, and as the recipe says, it keeps on the counter for several days.  Enjoy and let me know what you think of it.  I'll post a picture the next time I make them.

As promised, here is a picture of the Squares. I have to repeat myself....They are sooooooooooo good.


Lemon Chess Squares

Lemon Chess Squares

---------------------------CRUST---------------------------
1 Box Lemon cake mix with Pudding
1 Egg, beaten
1 Stick butter, softened

--------------------------FILLING--------------------------
3 Eggs, beaten
1 Box powdered sugar sifted
1 8 oz cream cheese softened

Mix crust ingredients and press into bottom of 9 x 13 inch pan.

Mix and pour filling ingredients over crust. Bake at 325 degrees for 45 to 50 minutes or until golden brown.

My notes:

If you cannot find The Lemon Cake Mix with Pudding, simply add a box of instant lemon pudding to the dry cake mix. Spray pan with Pam or Baking Spray to make removal easy. Let cool completely before cutting into squares. These are very rich so keep squares more like  bar size.

They don't seem to need to be refrigerated and lasted up to 3 days on my counter. I took half the pan to
work and they were enjoyed by all. Good recipe.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Can you add lemon curd to this?