Monday, July 19, 2010

Hot Weather Meal (waving fan to cool me off) !!

Hi there, glad you stopped by. I have a recipe that I developed when I lived in Florida and was looking for "cool" recipes. This one is great. I've made it for dinner, pot-luck suppers, out-door neighborhood gatherings and everyone always asked for the recipe. Thought I would pass it along.

Macaroni Apple Salad

2 cups Cooked elbow macaroni cold
2 Red apples, diced
1 cup Celery, diced
1/4 cup Mayonnaise (I use Miracle Whip)
1/4 cup Low-Fat plain yogurt
4 large Lettuce leaves
1/4 cup chopped walnuts

Combine macaroni, apples, celery, mayo, yogurt and walnuts in medium bowl. Cover and chill. Serve on lettuce leafs. Garnish with extra nuts, if desired.

Additions for a change of pace: (I've made it with chicken and tuna, both were delicious)
Cold cut up chicken, turkey, or tuna fish
Raisins
Cut up Grapes
Curry Powder.

This recipe has been posted by Carolyn, the Crafty Gourmet (that's me, my alias before I became Crafty Jamie).

You'll want to get to know the Crafty Gourmet. She's a pretty good cook who also loves to bake and a reader of recipe books, sometimes from cover to cover. She can tell just from reading a recipe if it will be good (most of the time) :). She also has a computerized data base of over 400 recipes on a program called "Meal Master". It contains only recipes that are tried and true from herself or from her friends or family.

It's hard having a dual personality. One minute I'm the Crafty Gourmet and the next I'm Crafty Jamie. Very easy to tell us apart, though. One loves to cook and the other is totally over her head in knitting or quilting projects.


Catch you later.....

No comments: