Saturday, June 30, 2012

Pineapple Angel Food Cake

Oh, what a fun thing to make as I can attest to with the following pictures and story.

It all started with a recipe from Pinterest.  I'm sure you all know about Pinterest.  If you don't, please contact me and I'll be glad to explain and get you an invite.

When I saw a recipe with only two ingredients, I did a hop, skip and a jig, and said "Oh Boy, that's for me".  Can you imagine an Angel Food cake with only 2 ingredients?  An Angel Food Cake Mix and a large can of Crushed Pineapple.  Well, it's true and I hereby attest to that.

It sounded so good that I ran to the store and bought the only Angel Food cake mix they had  and a can of Dole crushed pineapple.  I quick like mixed it together and dragged out my bundt pan, mind you I didn't check the recipe on which pan I should use.  By the time the oven was hot and the mixture in the pan it was starting to foam up.  Well, I tucked it in the pan and hoped for the best.  Ten minutes later, it started rising well over the edge of the rim....


Well, now I'm getting scared that it's going to go all over the stove, but seeing that I had a liner in the bottom of the stove, I figured I'd let it go a bit further.

Half hour later, it looked like this...



Well, it's over the top, but not yet over the edge so I let it go.  Lo and behold it came out beautifully.


Had to let it cool for an hour and a half.  That's when I read the directions and found out it was supposed to be baked in an Angel Food Cake pan.  Oh well, I didn't have one of those anyway.  It had to rest on a bottle for the required time.  The only bottle with a small enough stem was a small bottle of Chardonnay, as you can see.  Hey, it worked for me.

Finally, the cake was cooled and ready to come out of the pan.  It was a bit tricky, but I got it out all in one piece....


Wow, it worked and it smelled heavenly.  Waited another hour and finally had to cut a piece to see how it looked...


Fantastic.  I used a serrated knife just to be on the safe side and it was awesome and I enjoyed eating it with the bottle of wine!!!!!  

I have to admit, it probably would have come out of an Angel Food Pan easier, but I'm a Bundt Cake nut.  The whole deal from start to finish was fun and the result was entirely worth the time and trouble it took to make.  Treat yourself.   

Catch you next time.

P.S.  please check out my new Etsy Store, GoodiesByJamie.  It's only in its' beginning stages, but it's growing daily.  All the items are hand made by me.  Their are quilted, knitted and crocheted items that are perfect for gifts or a treat for  yourself.  Any questions, please contact me.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great post