Thursday, June 23, 2011

Not Lost, Just Meandering....

Just dropping a few lines to let you know that I'm still alive and kicking.  Life has been a bit challenging lately and I have just been messing around with things.  Trying new knitting or crochet pattern stitches is one of the things that I like to do.  I've also been playing around with paper piecing a few star patterns.  They are coming out pretty cool.  Some I will display singularly and a couple I will do four of to make medium size wall hangings.  Paper piecing is addictive.  I'll post the completed projects.  Here's a pic of the last one I made.  It's called "Ohio Star"  from Carol Doak's book "50 Fabulous Paper Pieced Stars".


Carol Doak's Ohio Star

We have a new JoAnne's Fabric opening in a neighboring town this week and I can't wait to visit it.  They closed most all the JoAnne's in NC a few years back and I have missed it.  When I lived in Florida there was one a block or so down from my house.  I usually spent every Sunday afternoon browsing (and spending) :) there while hubby was watching Nascar Racing. 

Hopefully I will find something that will spark my interest to try something new.  I have loads of things in process, but I really need a new project of some kind.  I hope to start a new afghan to work on while hubby is in the hospital for knee replacement surgery in mid July.  Current knitting and crocheting projects are either too intricate (as in my celtic scarf) or to far along (as in my 6 foot plus afghan) (hubby wants one that will cover his feet ).  I'm looking at making a Lapghan size in an Indian pattern.  Colors will be soft peach and lemon with Persimmon for contrast.

Catch you later, thanks for stopping in.

No comments: