Wednesday, September 15, 2010

A Crazy Day in the Life of The Meanderer

Hi there, I went to bed last night at 10 after a very, very long day, and woke this morning at 9.  Hubby was all aflutter, "Get up , get up, you've got an appointment with the Chiropractor at 10". I opened one eye and said, "just put the coffee down, I don't have to be there until 10:30". I made it 5 minutes early and I still read for 15 minutes with my coffee.

I then went to my hairdresser to see why she hadn't answered my calls for an appointment. I called twice. So today after the Dr's appointment, I stopped over there and found out she no longer works there. This is the fourth time I've followed her, but I said, no more. Well such is not the case, she has quit hairdressing and gone to ride the country with her trucker husband. :)  How's that for the pitts?

I did manage an hour for quilting late this afternoon. I finished the prep of the border squares on my current project and they are all placed and on the design board (4 columns) ready to be sewed. I sewed the rows in one column before dinner, pressed them and started to sew the rows together, then I got just plain wiped out and went to make dinner.

Now, my day really got bad. I was reheating spaghetti sauce in the micro on the defrost cycle, but I guess it was still too hot for Ziploc Freezer Bags. A good chunk of one of the corners burst open and I was not aware of it. I pulled it out of the micro and squeezed it to see if was defrosted enough, and all of a sudden I knew something was wrong. I looked down, and god forbid, I had sauce all the way down my jeans, all over one my new, mesh over leather, athletic shoes, and all over the floor.  I could have sat down and cried. It was just too much. . . .

My jeans and shoes are soaking in Shout Gel as I write. Then to top it all off, I was having a very delicious meal with Italian bread to dip into the sauce. The dog barked, I dropped the piece of bread that I had just dipped and it went all over the front of the shirt and on the pants I had changed into. Now they too are also rolled with Shout.

Some days it just doesn't pay to get up.  Now that it is almost over, I can laugh at it and share it with you all.  As a parting remark I have to say...I've always wanted a pair of Italian Shoes...........

No comments: