Friday, September 17, 2010

Autumn Quilt and Candy to Match

This is a sneak preview of my new wall hanging and the colors so remind me of the candy mix I make every fall. So this afternoon I made up a batch of the candy to set for a while for the tastes to mingle. Salty and sweet. Hummm good.

Here's the recipe:

Sweet 'n' Spicy Autumn Munch

1 lb Spiced Gumdrops
1 lb Brach Candy Corn
1 lb can Planters Salted Peanuts.

In a bowl, combine all. Store in an airtight container. Makes 2 quarts.

These are addictive.

For a change of pace you can replace the gum drops with M&M's, raisins, dried cranberries or chex cereal or all of them :). 

From Tasteofhome.com to the kitchen of Carolyn the Crafty Gourmet direct to you from Crafty Jamie (one and the same).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mom, I made your Autumn Candy Mix today and plan to take a jar to work tomorrow. Bill loves it!

Debbie