Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Tuesday's Thoughts

I am so disappointed that I will not be joining the UFO Club on Ravelry. The rules were just too structured for my liking, but it would have been fun.

Other than that I have been cruising around blogger.com learning how to use this Blog. I am totally unfamiliar with Blogging. I follow only one and never thought I would have one also.

I probably will just use this vehicle as a means to express my thoughts on my favorite pastimes, quilting, knitting and cooking.

So, let me tell you that after 10 years of being away from knitting, I took up quilting and got totally enarmored with it, I am back to that fabulous craft. In a matter of 2 weeks and a vacation in RI, I have 6 projects going at the same time. Such fun to be back knitting. I have a "Warm Me Up" Stole going in the car to work on while traveling, several scarves, a hat, and a sweater for fall in the den to do while on the computer, and an aran sampler afghan I am finishing in the living room while I watch TV.

Don't get me wrong I am still a full time quilter, but now it is sharing the time a bit with my sticks.

Quilting right now is finishing up UFO's and trying not to buy any more fabric until I finish the patterns that I have accumulated (with fabric all bought for them).

My last favorite past time, Cooking, took me most of my day. I made Spaghetti and Meatballs (a family favorite even though no one is here in NC to share it with us), but we think of the family when we eat it :)

Just in case this gets read by folks outside of my family, I will sometime refer to my favorite pal "Annie Hall". She is a blond Beagle, 2 years old, and the most precious dog anyone could hope to have.

Here she is in all her glory :)

Annie Hall

Catch you later.

No comments: