Friday, October 28, 2011

There are Scones...and there are Scones........

Have you ever noticed that?  They come in all shapes and all sizes and all varieties of flavors.  Scones can be baked in several shapes.  There are drop scones, there are rounds and cut into 8 pieces and there is the Scone Pan.  I have the pan.  It is cast iron and is just great. I have been making them forever and enjoyed most of them, disliked the texture of some of them, but ate them all with relish.  I love scones.  I am testing one now that didn't quite come out the way I wanted it to, so I'm going to make them again before I post the picture.

I want to tell you about the scones I made this morning.  I didn't use my pan for a change and simply rolled the dough out on a cookie sheet in a 8 1/2" round  and cut it into 8 pieces, separating them slightly.  The big difference here it that it is not a recipe, but came from a box.  They were so darn delicious and so pretty that I had to share it with you.  The "box" is from King Arthur Flour.  I get their catalog and have made them before, in my Pan, but was never quite satisfied with them.  I think the way I cooked them today made all the difference in the world.

Enjoy the picture.  There are two missing, sorry, but I ate them warm with butter.  Yum......BTW, these are Orange Cranberry Scones.  I added 1/2 cup of raisins as the package suggested. 

000_0634.jpg

Give any of their products a try, here's the link.  I do not work for King Arthur Flour nor have any association with them.  But....I do love their products.  Enjoy......

No comments: