Saturday, November 13, 2010

Apple Pie Spread

I have not tried this recipe, but when my son says it is "good", it is "GOOD"!  So therefore, here it is for us all to try.  Enjoy.  It looks and sounds delicious.  I have to amend this sentence.  I made up a dish full a couple of days ago and it is indeed delicious and addictive.  I am on the third day and I think it gets better every day.  I would let it set for a couple of hours in the frig to firm up though, which also enhances the taste.  I used regular cream cheese and cinnamon as that is what I had on hand.  I would really like you to comment on your reaction if you try it. 

Apple Pie Dip

Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
Servings: 16

Apple Pie Spread
Cream cheese, sweetened with brown sugar and spiked with cinnamon, forms the base of this spread. Bits of red apple and pecans give it texture and add to the apple-pie-like flavor.

Ingredients

1 package (8 oz.) reduced-fat cream cheese, softened*
1 tablespoon apple juice
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon or apple pie spice
1 medium red apple, chopped
1/4 cup chopped pecans
Keebler® Town House® Original Crackers
Directions
1. In small mixing bowl beat cream cheese and juice on medium speed of electric mixer until fluffy. Beat in brown sugar and cinnamon or spice. 2. Stir in apple and pecans. Garnish as desired. Serve with crackers. *NOTE: Soften cream cheese in microwave at high for 15 to 20 seconds.

No comments: