Monday, September 27, 2010
How it came to be is a long story. I found the pattern in a magazine and immediately went to work on it as I have wanted to do a Carpenters' Wheel for years but never found the right pattern. This one spoke to me and I started it the same day (after a trip to the LQS of course to buy that beautiful black and orange fabric).
When I finished, I was totally flabbergasted. It was a whopping 58" square. I certainly don't have room for a 58" wall hanging in my house, so I went to work with pencil and graph paper and drew the pattern out and slowly but surely reduced it from 58" to 41". Now if this works.... I frogged all the borders and a few other things and started to put it together again. Glory Be!!. It worked. I had a perfect 41" wall hanging that I can certainly handle.
I'll post the finished project when I get it done. I think it may be part machine quilted and part hand quilted.
Catch you later, Carolyn
Posted by Carolyn in Texas