Sunday, July 11, 2010

Fun Topper


Fun Hat
Originally uploaded by The Crafty Gourmet
On a recent trip to RI we visited a lovely yarn shop called "Unwind" in East Greenwich. We found this crazy hat that was made in bulky wool and mohair with all kinds of fancy whirl-a-gigs on top of it. My daughter-in-law fell in love with it and I said I would make it for her for Christmas.

It is made of 1 Skein of Lamb's Pride Bulky (I hope). Not having the shorter 16" circular needles for working in the round or having made a hat for that matter, I did some research and found a pattern for making it flat and sewing up the back. Hope it works. !!

Of course, the toppers are the fun part of the project. There is "spiral fringe", Bobbles, I Cord, Pom Poms, and Fringe all made out of bright worsted colors. In fact, I had kind of forgotten what the toppers were so I asked her to go over there and take some pictures of it, which of course she did. Henceforth the pictures you see.

I honestly think this is the most fun project I have ever knitted and I'll be sure to post it when it is finished.

No comments: